You know when your baking is a success when it’s into your child’s mouth before it has even cooled. The combination of coconut and banana is always a winner in my eyes.
A bonus with this treat is that it will provide your child with magnesium, potassium, omega 3 and retinol. I always choose to use grass fed butter as it contains approximately 26% more anti-inflammatory omega 3’s than regular butter. These are all great nutrients to help to feed our children’s growing bodies and brains.
When it tastes this good, those hidden nutrients are just a bonus…
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is one of the best things you can do for your family’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
Coconut Banana Cake
- Blender or Thermomix
- 300 grams ripe bananas approximately 3 bananas
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter, melted you can use coconut oil too
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups organic spelt flour
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tsp aluminium free baking powder
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees C.
- Melt your butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- In a blender add the bananas, honey, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl add flour, coconut, baking soda, bi-carb soda. Add wet mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into a lined cake or slice tin. I used an 18cm x 28cm rectangle tin.
- Bake until it is golden brown. Approximately for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.