There is nothing quite like quickly whipping up a a dinner and putting it into the pressure cooker when time is of the essence!
I usually make this in a big pot, but it was just as delicious and far quicker this way.
There are so many complimentary flavours in this dish and it is a beautiful way to spice up a boring chicken dinner.
This dish could be served at a fancy dinner party or it’s simple enough to include on your family’s dinner menu.
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for your family’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
- 600 grams chicken thighs, with skin and bone (optional)
- 3 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp grass fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken bone broth or organic broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp mild yellow mustard
- 1 cup organic frozen peas
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Place flour into a bowl and mix your chicken through to cover well.
- In a frying pan melt butter and fry chicken quickly to brown on each side (not to cook through).
- Into the pressure cooker add chicken, broth, coconut milk, peas, garlic, onion, parsley, lemon juice, mustard.
- Pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking ladle some juice into a cup. Mix in the tapioca flour and stir well to remove lumps. Add back into pot while it's still boiling hot to thicken.
- Also mix in capers and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on a bed of rice (or cauliflower rice) with steamed leafy greens.
- Garnish with extra parsley or coriander.