The addition of broccoli sprouts or broccoli sprout powder to your weekly diet, is one of simplest things you can do to up regulate your body’s detoxification ability. As explained below, this could be one of the healthiest things you do for yourself.
Broccoli sprouts can be added easily into many dishes without you even noticing they are there. This is a bonus when you’d like your kids to enjoy the benefits too.
Enjoy them in your smoothies, salads, sandwich, wraps. Or like me, just eat them straight out of the jar.
I am continually blown away by the way nature has so many solutions for protecting our bodies, even from the modern-day chemical onslaught.
Broccoli sprouts are part of the cruciferous vegetable family. The cruciferous family of vegetables (arugula, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, radishes, watercress) have been long known for their miraculous cancer fighting properties. They contain high concentrations of antioxidant and detoxifying properties which makes them great to include daily in your diet or to assist with any detoxifying protocol.
However, when we look at the benefits of consuming broccoli sprouts compared to these other amazing vegetables; broccoli sprouts leave them for dust!
These sprouts are amazing because they:
- contain a chemical called Sulforaphane. This compound can miraculously boost the ability of every cell to make more antioxidant and detoxification molecules.
- protect us by cleansing our tissues and cells of harmful endocrine disrupting chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides and others chemicals.
- prevent DNA damage
- help to remove excess oestrogen from the body and balance your hormones. What woman doesn’t want that!
- decreases oxidative stress and improve cholesterol metabolism
- have an extremely anti-inflammatory effect on the body and they were found to possibility induce weight loss in obese individuals.
- One study even found them to inhibit breast cancer stem cells.
Best of all, I can grow these myself from seeds.
Just add water – soooo easy! Buy the seeds here.
If you just want a ready-made organic powder form of this superfood, you can grab it here.
In conclusion, these are so simple to produce and are so good for you! You’d be doing yourself and your family a disservice by not including them in your diet.