IT’S A TASTE SENSATION
This breakfast is certainly a taste sensation. It is dense, crunchy and creamy all in the same mouthful. It’s also sweet, savory and tangy in every bite.
This is a super quick breaky to prepare, however when eating it you’ll feel like you’re at a fancy restaurant. If you have guests, why not knock their socks off with this breakfast treat…
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for you and your families health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!
Quinoa breakfast surprise
- 1 cup quinoa red or multi-coloured
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 1-2 cups fresh chopped fruit Ruby red grapefruit, kiwi, blueberries, grapes, plum, strawberries, mango or any other fruit of your choice
- 1 handful dried coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup millet puffs dry toasted in a pan
- 1 dollop coconut or greek yoghurt
- 1 sprig mint to garnish
- 1 tbsp bee pollen (optional) to garnish
- Simmer quinoa in a saucepan with enough water to generously cover.
- When quinoa is nearly cooked, add honey and vanilla and cook through. Strain and allow to cool.
- Dry toast puffs in a frying pan, stirring continuously so they don’t burn. Toast until browned and crunchy.
- Mix quinoa, lemon zest and fresh fruit in a bowl. Dollop yoghurt on top. Garnish with mint and bee pollen. Enjoy!!