I have played around with pastry recipes for a very long time. YEARS in fact!
During this time I am yet to find a wheat free pastry on the market that isn’t full of preservative, additives and toxic oils. So here is my ‘baby’ to share with you all. For those health conscious folks out there, you will really appreciate this one.
The key to success when making this pastry, is to pre-plan your meals for the week ahead. This will ensure that you are organised to mix up the pastry the night before, leave it on the bench to sour/ferment. It will then be ready to use the following night. It is best left for 24-48 hours to get the best, most nutritious, highly digestible pastry.
This pastry can be used to make pasties, sausage rolls, veggie triangles, pies, desserts or you can even use it as a pizza base.
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for your family’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
Best Pastry Ever
- 1 1/2 cups oats, blended to make a flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- Place all ingredients (except water) into a large bowl.
- Pour water in and knead to form a firm dough. Adjust the water where needed.
- Cover and leave on the bench overnight or up to 48 hours.
- Break off portions and roll it out between two sheets of baking paper.
- Depending what you use it for, but the general rule to to bake for approximately 15 minutes in an over at 200 degrees C.