With Easter fast approaching, I thought it was a good time to post this incredible recipe.
Have you ever considered that you could make your own Easter treats that are actually health-giving, rather than the opposite?? Well, I’m here to show you how.
This chocolate recipe inspiration came from one of my awesome brothers, who is affectionately know as Roids. Roids is a lover of fine things, especially good chocolate. One day when visiting, he came bearing a gift. He gave me the most amazing chocolate I had ever tasted. When I looked at the ingredients I was blown away. Not only was this chocolate the most divine chocolate that I had ever tasted, but it was also a super food….
- Chicory Root Powder (inulin) which is a powerful prebiotic. A prebiotic is a food that feeds the beneficial bacteria within our microbiome, which helps them to thrive and grow.
- Real dark sugar-free dairy-free chocolate made from raw cacao. Cacao is high in magnesium (something most people are extremely deficient in these days). It also acts as a prebiotic like food, exerting beneficial effects of your gut flora.
- Hemp seeds which are an amazing source of protein and healthy fats, especially omega 3’s. Omega 3’s are an essential fatty acid that the body must obtain from its food, it can’t make them itself.
The downside of this chocolate was the cost, it was extremely expensive! So I went to work in my kitchen and replicated this chocolate with my very own recipe. And guess what, I nailed it!
If you are a true chocolate lover and like the really dark chocolate variety, this chocolate is for you. It is mildly sweet and has a beautiful smooth texture.
Once you stock up on the ingredients, you can make this recipe over and over again in no time at all.
I hope you enjoy this chocolate, as much as Roids and I do 😊
Chocolate on Steroids
- Melt chocolate buds, coconut cream and hemp seeds on low, on a double boiler or in a metal bowl on top of a saucepan of boiling water. Stir continuously.
- When melted and combined, remove from heat and stir through remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into chocolate molds and place into the fridge or freezer to set.