simple seedy muesli bars
These muesli bars are very addictive and are so simple to make. Even better they don’t require any cooking! Once you have made them, cut them up and store them in the freezer. You can then just grab and go when you are in need of an energising healthy snack. These are great also to pop into your kids snack box.
Simple Seedy Muesli Bars
- In a food processor gently blitz all of the dry ingredients (except raisins) to resemble a crumble.
- In a saucepan, on low melt the honey, tahini and butter. Add this to a large bowl and mix through the dry ingredients. It should become sticky. If it’s still a bit dry, melt some more butter and stir through.
- Stir through raisins or another dried fruit of your choice (figs, prunes, dates, apricots, goji berries, cranberries).
- Line a baking tray approximately 20cm x 20cm or 30cm x 15cm with baking paper. Spread evenly over the tray and press down with the back of a spoon until it is firm.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for a couple of hours until it is set and firm.
- Remove from freezer and slice into muesli bars. Enjoy.