When I’m time poor and want to load my body with tonnes of goodness, a smoothie bowl is always my go-to.
Why do I EAT my smoothie from a bowl do you ask?
Digestion of our food doesn’t just involve our stomachs, our brain and mouth are involved too. Chewing starts the digestive process, with the salivary glands releasing saliva to kickstart digestion. Signals are also sent to the stomach to tell it to prepare for the food that will be coming. If we are drinking our food, our digestion may not work at it’s best.
This smoothie bowl that I made today is extremely energising and nourishing for the microbiome.
Both the Supreme Greens Blend and the Bee Pollen are loaded with B vitamins which are all essential in the production of energy. The Supreme Greens Blend is also a wonderful daily detox tool for yourself and your kids. It blends so well into smoothies, so well you can’t even taste that it’s in there.
The pure Chicory Root Fiber is a pre-biotic, which is a type of food that feeds and grows the good bacteria in our gut.
This particular smoothie also includes lots of healthy fats, fiber, polyphenols, vegan sources of protein and it tastes absolutely delicious too. It keeps me satiated for hours!
Supercharged Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt (sugar free)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup blueberries and raspberries
- 1 tbsp Changing Habits Supreme Green Blend” class=”wprm-recipe-ingredient-link”>Supreme Greens Blend
- 1 tbsp Pure Chicory Root Fiber
- 1 tsp bee pollen garnish
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes garnish
- 1 handful berries garnish
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds garnish
- Place all ingredients in blender and blitz until smooth. Serve in a bowl and garnish.