When the family wants chocolate for dessert….why not sneak some extra vegetables into it 😊
Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Healthy chocolate cake alternativePrint Recipe
- Grater or food processor
- 3 cups grated beetroot
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate buds
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Grate beetroot and add to a large bowl.
- In a saucepan very slowly melt the coconut oil and chocolate buds.
- Add dry ingredients into the large bowl and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients (eggs, maple syrup and choc-coconut melt) and stir well.
- Line or grease a regular cake tin with baking paper or butter.
- Add mixture to tin and bake for 45 minutes.