The apricot jar is like the lolly jar in our house. Quite often I go to the pantry find it empty! My husband and children love to sneak them when I am not around….
Thankfully they are of nutritional value and a healthy alternative to lollies in our house.
Apricots are high in vitamin C, Copper, vitamin A, fiber and rich in antioxidants. This makes them protective against free radicals, good for maintaining good eye sight, immune enhancing and much more.
Try this grain free Divine Apricot Cake. You can eat it hot as a dessert or cold as a treat food.
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for your family’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
- 1 cup dried apricots, preservative free (if they are bright orange they contain preservatives)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tbsp butter, grass-fed preferably
- 3 eggs, free range
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place apricots into a small bowl and cover with boiling water for approximately 10 minutes. This softens the apricots.
- Into your food processor add butter, eggs, honey, coconut cream, soaked apricots. Blend until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into a bowl and gently fold in dry ingredients.
- Line or grease a standard cake tin.
- Pour mixture into cake tin. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.