This is a perfect morning or afternoon tea snack. Fill a platter with vegetables, crackers and this dip and everyone will be happy (and have glowing red smiles).
Cooked and cooled chickpeas are extremely high in Galactooligosaccharides (GOS). This is a prebiotic fibre that feeds the beneficial microbes in your gut, in particular our health giving Bifidobacteria.
Give this recipe a try, your gut bugs will love you for it!
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for your family’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
- 2 large beetroots
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- rock or sea salt to taste
- Cut the heads off the beetroots and gently wash. Place them covered baking dish in a 1/4 inch of water and bake at 180 degrees C, until they are soft (the knife can easily penetrate through).
- When the beetroots have cooled, peel the skin off and chop into smaller pieces.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Season to your liking.
- Store in the fridge or freeze portions to use on other days.