It’s school holidays here in Torquay and the weather is finally beginning to warm up. Hooray!
Today the kids and I created a raw, vegan, paleo, healthy ice-cream sandwich for us to enjoy in the beautiful sunshine.
Do you remember eating ice-cream sandwich’s as part of your childhood? Well this is my healthy nutrient dense version that you can enjoy absolutely GUILT-FREE! No trans fats, no preservatives, no sugar, no colours, no flavours, no harmful ingredients at all.
Give these a try and let me know what you think? I doubt they will disappoint.
Happy holidays x
Raw Ice-cream sandwich
- Food processor or thermomix
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries try to find sugar and preservative free cranberries
- 1 cup cashews
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, grass fed
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Peel and freeze 3 bananas the day before (i always keep bananas frozen in the freezer).
- Add cashews to the food processor and blitz until roughly chopped.
- Add all other biscuit ingredients to the food processor and blitz to combine to make a smooth mixture.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Spread the mixture over a tray, pressing with your hands. Make it resemble a pizza base in thickness.
- Place into the freezer for approximately 2 hours to set.
- Wash and dry the food processor.
- All all ice-cream ingredients into the food processor. Blizt until it resembles ice-cream.
- Scoop the mixture out and place it into the egg rounds (or round cookie cutters). I only have 4 egg molds, so I do it in two rounds. The leftover ice-cream that doesn't fit, goes back onto the freezer until the other ice-cream is set and I can then use the egg molds again. Freeze until firm.
- When the ice-cream is set. Use a knife to scrape around the edges before pushing ice-cream cakes out.
- Once all of the ice-cream cakes are ready. Use the egg molds or cookie cutter to cut rounds in the raw biscuit mixture. Any left-over biscuit mixture can be rolled into balls and eaten as a bliss ball.
- To make the ice-cream sandwich's, place 1 biscuit on your plate, add one ice-cream round and then put another biscuit on top. Let the ice-cream melt slightly so you can bite through. Enjoy!