This recipe isn’t fancy. You will find most ingredients in your pantry. It’s very simple and best of all it never fails to please.
Each week without at doubt I bake this oat slice for the kids lunchboxes. But it is never the same, i constantly tweak this recipe to make it different to keep the kids happy. Sometimes I make raspberry, sometimes banana, other times blueberry or grated apple. Just use the staple ingredients and change the fruit you add in. You can’t go wrong!
You can also change the flavors you use. Be creative, try cinnamon, vanilla, lemon rind, raisin, dried coconut, whatever you can get your hands on.
Give this recipe a try. Your family will love you for it….
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for your family’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
Raspberry Oat Slice
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter melted
- 4 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder you can mix it up and use vanilla instead
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds OPTIONAL
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk OPTIONAL
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degree C.
- Grease or line a small slice tin, approximately 27cm x 17.5cm in size.
- Melt the butter.
- Mash the banana. If you don’t have raspberries you can use two large bananas instead. Or you can omit the banana and just use raspberries or blueberries.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together, except for the frozen berries. Mix well.
- Lastly add in raspberries and stir through.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tray. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown and slightly crispy on top.