teriyaki chicken and vegetables
Everything always tastes better on the BBQ!!
Somehow cooking on the BBQ makes me feel super festive and the flavour it puts on the food is always so delicious. One bonus of BBQ cooking, is that you can easily cater for a crowd, come rain or shine. I’m glad Australia is famous for the good old BBQ dinner.
The vegetables in this recipe were cooked in the teriyaki marinate (also used to marinate the chicken), making them irresistible. This marinate can also for used for tempah, halloumi cheese or fish if you would prefer. Be creative to suit your families preferences.
When serving up tasty vegetables for your family, marinated BBQ vegetables are a hands down winner.
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for your family’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- 1/2 kg chicken thighs or fillets diced
- 1 tbsp dried garlic powder or 4 small cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp dried ginger power or 1cm piece finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos or tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 8 cups diced vegetables
- Marinate chicken in the fridge for approximately 1 hour.
- Lightly cook all vegetables on the bbq until they are browned. Take them off the hot plate and place them in a bowl on the side.
- Use the tongs to place the chicken onto the bbq, leaving the extra marinate in the bowl. Cook until cooked through.
- Add the cooked vegetables and marinate back onto the hot plate. Cook to combine.
- Serve with a side of salad.