This is such a simple recipe! These yummy muesli bars are such a great addition to any child’s ‘packet free’ school lunch box.
Apricot Muesli Bars
Servings: 10Print Recipe
- 18cm x 27cm baking tray
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped suphur free
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut preservative free
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste or essence
- Pinch sea/rock salt
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C
- Melt butter and honey in a saucepan over low heat
- Place all remaining dry ingredients into a bowl
- Pour in the butter/honey liquid and mix well
- To a lined baking tray (approximately 18cm x 27cm), pour in mixture, spread evenly and press firmly down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and then place into the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and slice with a large sharp knife into muesli bar sized rows.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for long term storage.
- Add to your child's snack box. Add a cooler pack on hot days to prevent them from breaking apart.