This banana cake is on constant rotation on our kids snack menu. It is light, nutrient dense and never seems to fail. It is also grain free, gluten free and dairy free making it a winner for many food sensitivities and intolerance’s.
I always try to be creative and never waste any produce. This is my go to recipe when I have ripe bananas in the fruit bowl.
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for your family’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
Grain Free Banana Cake
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp aluminium free baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Grease a standard cake tin.
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add bananas and all other wet ingredients to a blender or mixing bowl. Blend/mix for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients. Then fold through the wet ingredients.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.