For those of you who are on a particular healing journey, going grain free may be of benefit. By simply eliminating refined and processed carbohydrates, this can allow for a window of healing to occur. Most of all, when we remove processed grains (particularly wheat and wheat flour) from our diet, most often we are replacing them with more wholesome nutrient dense options.
But take note; not all grains are evil!
If they are prepared properly (soaked or fermented), possibly cooked and cooled (to create resistant starch) and eaten in moderation, they can be a wholesome gut feeding addition to your diet. Everyone’s individual nutritional needs and food tolerance are so unique. The one size fits all model just DOESN’T work.
These Choc chip cookies are grain free, gluten free, refined sugar free and a nutrient dense treat that out performs any packaged cookies you will find in a supermarket isle.
Give them a try and see if your taste buds can make the transition!
Grain Free, Gluten Free, Choc Chip Cookies
- 2 cups almond meal To make your own simply blitz whole almonds into a meal. Be careful not to over blitz and create a paste.
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt or rock salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla essence or paste
- 3/4 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 100 grams grass fed butter, melted
- 4 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in all wet ingredients to the dry mixture.
- Stir well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spoon biscuit size portions onto the tray.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- All to cool on a cooling rack.