It is always a bonus when your lunchbox treats or snack contain vegetables. Optimizing your nutrition with every bite is something to aim for when you want to enhance both you and your families health.
These muffins are certainly jam packed with so much goodness!
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for our children’s health and it’s such a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
Hidden Veg Sweet/Savoury Muffins
- Food processor
- 1 sweet potato grated
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch rock/sea salt
- 1/2 cup saltanas
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds also know as pepitas
- 4 eggs
- 2 medjool dates
- 3/4 cup natural yoghurt or coconut cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 handful coriander leaves optional
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grate the sweet potato and add it to a large bowl.
- To this bowl, also add almond meal, buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, saltanas, pepitas and lemon zest.
- In a food processor add eggs, dates, yoghurt or coconut cream, butter or oil, spinach and coriander. Blend until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients into the large bowl and mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a lined muffin tray.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Eat warm or cold. They are delicious cut in half served with butter.