Are you having guests to dinner? Would you like a simple, yet decadent dessert that will tantalize anyone’s taste buds? Are you short of time?
Well this “cheese” cake is for you!
This dessert creation is so divine and is perfect served cold with fresh berries.
Raspberry Lemon “Cheese” Cake
- 1 cup Dried Figs Base
- 3/4 cup Sunflower seeds Base
- Pinch Rock/sea salt Base
- 3 cups raw cashews soaked for 5 hours
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 2 cups raspberries if frozen, completely defrosted
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 140 grams cocoa butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder Can use vanilla essence if required
- BASE: Blitz all base ingredients in a food processor until it starts to come together. Press firmly into a 8″ cake tin that has been lined with baking paper or cling film (make sure the film goes up the side of the pan).
- Place in freezer to firm up.
- FILLING: Blitz cashews in a food processor until smooth. Add in lemon juice, zest and vanilla.
- In a double boiler (or use a metal bowl sitting on top of boiling water), melt cocoa butter, butter/oil and honey.
- When melted slowly stir through cashew mixture.
- Puree raspberries and then mix through mixture also.
- Spread filling over base. Put into the freezer for 4 hours to firm up. It can then be either left in the fridge to serve cold or freezer to enjoy frozen.
- When serving, enjoy with mixed berries.