On the weekends our family usually enjoy a wholesome cooked lunch. These fritters are a great weekend treat that can be whipped up very quickly. They are also super tasty and a sneaky way to get extra vegetables into your children. When served with healthy condiments (guacamole, salsa, pesto, goats cheese),this simple lunch goes to a whole new level.
The recipe can be varied depending on what you have in your fridge and cupboard. For instance, you can replace the sweet potato with white potato, zucchini with carrot, parsley with coriander…… Be creative.
These fritters also last well in the fridge, so any leftovers can be packed as a cold snack the following day.
Getting into the kitchen and cooking your own food is the best thing you can do for you and your family’s health and its a privilege too. Happy cooking!!
Weekend Veggie Fritters
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium sweet potato, grated
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp real salt
- pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add ghee, butter or coconut oil to a frying pan and heat well. Turn down to low and add large spoonfuls of mixture. Press the mixture down with the back of the spoon to form patties.
- Cook until they are browned on each side.